Monday 3 December 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Hello Lovelies!

Start of another week, but the countdown to Christmas is properly on now so I don't find Mondays so horrible lately! I'm still going with my Christmas shopping, I think this is the most organized I've ever been around this time of the year! Woo! I have my Christmas work night out on the 15th and I literally have no idea what to wear! What does one wear to a work night out? I think we're going for a meal and drinks after but I don't want to go too OTT!

Back when Boots had their 3 for 2 sale I bought alot...ALOT. But one of the things I picked up was this pressed powder by Rimmel in the shade "Peach Glow". This was the item I got free as it was the cheapest out of the three things I was buying but I think it was around the €5-6 mark, which in my opinion is a complete bargain and I will tell you why.



My skin is normal/combination. I tend to get quite oily around my chin and more dry in my t-zone area so normally I would try to avoid powder because I used to associate it with cakiness and that "powdery" look that no-one likes! But when I was in Boots I picked this up kind of on a whim because I was at the Rimmel stand buying the Match Perfection Foundation and the Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation (if you would like me to review, let me know!) and I needed a third thing so I decided to just give it a go. I picked the shade Peach Glow purely because I think it was the only one left. I'm never really that fussed about the different "shades" of powder that I get, I think they're all pretty much the same as long as they're not too dark for me!

I apply this after my foundation with my ELF Kabuki brush. I gently push it into my skin because I've heard that if you brush it on it wipes off the foundation so that would kind of defeat the purpose really.  It does a really good job at helping with the longevity of my make up without looking chalky or too powdery, and it also helps keep the oiliness at bay! 


The only downside of this product for me is the packaging. I can't bring it out with me in my handbag because the lid has a tendency to come off and powder is not something I would like all over the inside of my bag funnily enough! But for the price I can't really complain. It's totally worth it and I will definitely be repurchasing this!

Have you tried out this powder guys? Oh and please let me know what your recommendations are for my Christmas night outfit!


5 comments:

  1. Love this, but agree about the packaging. It is TERRIBLE. Why has no one at Rimmel realised this?!?! I would probably get through mine a lot quicker if I could have it in my bag, and then buy another one sooner. Som Rimmel, you are missing out on more if my money with your shoddy packaging! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true SO TRUE! I wish it was in a little compact, I wouldnt mind paying a little extra if it meant it was more sturdy!xx

      Delete
  2. I threw mine away because the packaging is so rubbish but it is a really nice product x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really should change the packaging and it would be the perfect powder then! xxx

      Delete
  3. I have heard a lot of good things about this powder - am definately going to have to purchase!
    http://theaccessorymakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete