Saturday 24 August 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Foundations


Hello Lovelies!

You all know I love my Drugstore foundations so I thought I would put together a post showing you the ones I love the most and that I think are worth the money. I know that drugstore foundations are alot cheaper than the higher end ones but still there is no point in wasting money on something you won't be using! 

So here are (in my opinion) the cream of the Drugstore Foundations crop!

Rimmel Wake Me Up
This was the first Rimmel foundation I fell in love with and although I wouldn't use it as much now (as you can see from the pictures it is definitely for my more tanned days) I still wouldn't be without it in my collection. This foundation is very well known for it's illuminating qualities. It contains tiny flecks of shimmer in it which instantly lifts and brightens your complexion, so it does exactly what it says on the tin..Wakes you up! It's definitely not one to wear for pictures as it gives you massive ghost face but other than that it is a lovely everyday foundation if you want a bit of lumination! 
Rimmel Match Perfection
The Rimmel foundation addiction took hold after I tried Wake Me Up and the next one that has made the cut is their Match Perfection. This is a foundation that I would describe as a traditional liquid foundation. It's just the right amount of coverage but you can build it up to a more fuller coverage. The finish is what I like most about this foundation, it is a satin finish so not overly dewy or matte. In my opinion it is the best foundation Rimmel do and again I always seem to have one or two floating around my make up collection! 
Bourjois Healthy Mix 
Now this little beauty is my all time favorite drugstore foundation so you can expect quite a biased review! I love everything about this foundation from the coverage to the finish to the smell! (random!) I think its perfect for everyday wear but I have also worn this on nights out and loved the way it looks in pictures. It's definitely a good all rounder and if I could only have one foundation to wear for the rest of my life I think I would be happy enough sticking with my faithful Bourjois! I haven't tried the one in the new bottle yet and I'm slightly scared to in case they have changed the formula..let me know if its different ladies! 

Revlon Nearly Naked
The first and only Revlon foundation I have ever tried has been the Nearly Naked one. I heard so much hype going round about this on the blogosphere and we all know I am ever one to pass up a hyped product! I tried and I loved! It is a very very light coverage foundation so you have been warned..if you love your full coverage do not go near this! It is light enough so if you are lucky enough to have freckles they will still show through. This was my everyday foundation for so long but unfortunately it is a smidgen too dark for me now but I will definitely be getting my hands on one of the lighter shades for my paler days! 

Seventeen On The Spot
And finally one of the more recent additions to my drugstore foundations collection is On The Spot. When I first heard about this I was intrigued, it contains salicylic acid in it and it claims to give you clearer skin in 4 weeks. I am not completely sold on the whole "clearer skin" claims but I do think it is a lovely foundation to have. It is the only full coverage foundation I have in my top 5 because I don't normally go for that kind of coverage. But on days when the skin isn't looking the finest a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! It covers a multitude of sins while still looking quite natural. It has been compared to the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - I have never tried that so I can't really say but that's always good to hear! I also really like the packaging of this one!

So those are my top 5 picks of Drugstore foundations. What is your favourite foundation from the drugstore? I would love to hear your recommendations!


9 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation :). And I've been wanting to try out the Bourjois one for ages! What kind of coverage does it give? :) x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I'm using the rimmel match perfect one at the moment combined with a healthy mix concealer - I've not tried out the healthy mix foundation yet.. it all looks very pale and quite yellowy! Which shade do you wear?

    Hannah xx

    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel Match perfection, and the Bourjois Healthy mix, may have to give the others a try! Great post lovely :) Xx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been into foundations as of late and the one that's receiving the most love from me is the Maybelline Fit Me foundation. If you love the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for its illuminating properties, I think you'll love it too. I've always wanted to try the Wake Me Up foundation- better get a move on. For a gal who tends to wake up to such dull, dehydrated skin- I'm all about foundations with a dewy but no overly so finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rimmel ones! My favourite is the lasting perfection one

    http://livedwithlove.com

    Kerry X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revlon Nearly Naked! I'd completely forgotten about this little gem! i MUST root it out :)

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but I felt after a few uses it left my skin quite dry and it looked really odd so I never used it again as I was really put off...I also have no idea how Rimmel don't list the ingredients on there as I've had so many people ask me about it and no one knows what ingredients are in there! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Rimmel, always have. I use their 25hr lasting foundation religiously but I might try the Match Perfection. Also now quite curious to try the Bourjois and Seventeen foundations.

    http://www.theworldinmywardrobe.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete