Thursday 26 December 2013

Soap & Glory What's Nude Eyeshadow Palette


 Hello Lovelies! 

I hope you are all keeping well and area ll recovering nicely from Christmas! I have a couple of the standard post-Christmas blog posts planned for the next couple of days but I just couldn't resist posting this one ahead of them all! 

If you have read my blog over the past year you will all know I was head over heals for the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and used it pretty much everyday, but sadly after all the constant abuse the palette literally fell apart and I had hit pan on a couple of the colours. So I decided to begin a hunt for a new everyday neutral palette that I could just throw in my make up bag and know that I could always fall back on it. I wasn't having much luck until I spotted this post on the lovely Kayleigh's blog featuring this Soap and Glory palette. Now Soap & Glory was never a brand I had considered for eyeshadows before but after seeing the colours and swatches on her blog I knew I had to have it, and it was promptly put into my online basket and purchased within minutes! 

I had planned on this being my Christmas day eyeshadows and hoped to save it until then but of course I couldn't wait! As soon as I laid eyes on the palette I had to instantly try it (after taking blog pictures of course!) I was instantly impressed with the pigmentation and intensity of the colours! The swatches above are from one swipe across the shadows, impressive! In this palette there are three matte shades and one shimmery - which like the Naked basics I loved because I always tend to reach for matte shades quicker than shimmery ones. 

The other thing about these shadows that I was really impressed with was the texture, I found them quite comparable to higher end eyeshadows like Urban Decay and Inglot, both of which I am a massive fan of. They are not chalky at all and are so smooth to apply. So for the price I paid for these shadows the quality are amazing! They apply so well and blend together amazingly. The colours in this palette are perfect for an everyday look, there is not one colour in this that I wouldn't use. 

I love the little detail on the back that they put on there about not including a brush. Such a good idea because I don't know about you but I never use the little brushes that most companies include with products and they just annoy me, so I found this really funny that they actually took the time to put that on the product too! Overall I can definitely see myself getting so much use out of this eyeshadow palette in the new year! Its small and compact which I wanted, and includes a perfect set of neutral shades!

I purchased mine online here for €13 which I think is such amazing value! I'm so impressed with this palette. What other Soap & Glory make-up products would you recommend?


6 comments:

  1. Looks so great! At my local Sephora there's only Soap & Glory skin/body care. I wish they carried the makeup too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I had never really thought about Soap and Glory for eyeshadows either but these look really good! I definitely think I'll be purchasing this!

    http://www.rocketdreamers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Naked Basics Palette for Christmas- finally, and this is so similar. I absolutely love what they put on the back about the brush, haha! Hope you had a fab Christmas Danielle!xx

    Celine from Vintage Teapot

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review! I've been considering trying this for a while but was a little unsure whether it was worth all the hype, but again, it does sound like a good little product from your review. Might have to brave the sale shoppers and head into town! :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never look at the Soap & Glory makeup section because I never know how good it will be, but I defo think I'm gonna try it out after hearing some great reviews!

    Daisy x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete