Monday 17 February 2014

Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams



Hello Lovelies!

Yes another lip product post. I was wandering around the beauty aisles the other week and found myself at the Collection (formally Collection 2000) stand. Now I am a big fan of their Lasting Perfection concealer but I realised I hadn't tried anything else from the brand so I adopted some new lip products! 

The ones that came home with me were the Cream Puff Lip Creams. I have heard so much about the NYX Butter Glosses but I can't get my hands on them! So when I seen these I grabbed them in the hopes that they would be something similar.  The shades I chose were Cotton Candy, Powder Puff and Fairy Cake. My three favourite shades to wear- a light pink, a nude and a peach. 

These lip creams are definitely more on the matte side of things which wasn't exactly what I was expecting! They can be a bit drying on the lips so do make sure to moisturize your lips before and after applying them. I do love the pigmentation of these, one swipe on the lips and you are done and since they are so pigmented and matte they do tend to stick around which is always a bonus! I really am not the biggest fan of the smell, they are very sickly sweet which thankfully doesn't linger once you apply them but the first initial smell is not very pleasant!

I wish there were some other shades in this range because overall I do really like them and I find myself applying them more and more frequently, and popping them in my handbag throughout the week! 

Have you tried these Lip Creams from Collection? If you have tried both are they comparable to the NYX Butter Glosses that everyone is raving about lately and if you live in Ireland please let me know where I can get them!


17 comments:

  1. The nude shade powder puff!! Looks sooooooooo nice!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I'm keen on the Powder Puff colour, but Cotton Candy and Fairy Cake look like the perfect Spring/Summer shades! I really like the gold shimmers in Cotton Candy :)

    Lilie | mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can order from the NYX UK website and get them shipped to Ireland using Parcel Motel to get cheaper shipping! :) I think NYX is coming to Ireland soon so fingers crossed! So much stuff I want to try! :) x

    http://alishasatticofbeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, I love a good matte lip cream. Also still haven't tried the NYX Butter glosses, but I definitely need to get them soon :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. NYX just came to England so it should be coming to Ireland soon! These look a lot like the NYX Butter Glosses x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely, Fairy Cake stands out the most to me x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powder puff seems like a great nude lip colour

    rubyblogi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not tried these yet, nor have I tried the NYX ones. I may try these out as they'll be easier to get haha :) ♥

    www.j4miejohnston.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look really lovely - I like the shades you've chosen and the formula sounds really interesting.

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've picked these up a fair few times and then put them back down, I may just have to kill my curiosity and buy one soon as Fairy Cake looks really nice.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours of these. I have just picked up a new lipstick from the Collection range, which I have never tried before, but hopefully the results will be good.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a huge fan of these! And for the price, they are just insane.

    Amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had these for a while and was so close to chucking them but saw this post and decided to give them another go! I actually love the smell they have, I wish all lip products had the same smell haha! I get why some people don't like it though, it is quite strong haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have only the fairy cake from the cream puff but I do enjoy it and I do find it a bit drying, but the colour last, so that is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love the Fairy Cake shade :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  16. The nude shade looks lush! x
    Leahbrownebeauty.blogspot

    ReplyDelete