Thursday 5 June 2014

Models Own Polish For Tans | Beach Bag & Shades


Hello Lovelies,

As I'm sure most of you know by now, I am an absolute nail polish fiend. I really can't help myself, it's like I am addicted to nail polish. Model's Own is one of my favourite brands for nail polish, they are always really on trend with the colours, textures and anything else they can sell that you can put on your nails! 

One of their more recent releases has been their "Polish for Tans" range.Which as the name of the collection would suggest the polishes look amazing with a tan. Right up my street and I'm sure many of you are thinking the same! After looking at a few different swatches online I fell in love with two of the shades. But since I don't have a Model's Own stand near me I was patently waiting for them to appear on ASOS. But on a random shopping trip I actually hunted down a Model's Own stand and low and behold the only two colours left in the "Tan Polish" bit were the two I wanted..(I'm just gonna go ahead and say it was meant to be!) so within minutes I had them in my possession, giddy with excitement and my boyfriend looking at me like I had lost my mind (with excitement..yes.

The shades I picked up were "Beach Bag" a striking peachy-coral, and "Shades" a hot pink. These colours are literally Summer in a bottle. They were the two out of the range that appealed to me the most because firstly they are my kind of shades- I love a good peachy-coral! Secondly because they were the most wearable out of the line-up, lime green everyday nails might have earned me a few strange looks.

The formula isn't the best, definitely a two-three coater but once you achieve opacity it is so worth it! I have worn them on both my finger nails and my toes and I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not but my hands really do look alot more tanned when I have this on my nails (or maybe I'm just going slightly overboard with the faketan..either way I'm happy!) They are just so amazingly vibrant on the nails, and they are definitely two unique colours to my collection!

Have you tried the Model's Own Polish For Tans collection? What are your favourite shades from the range and what are your favourite shades to wear for Summer?


6 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! Definitely my favourite two shades from the collection, and definitely shades I'll be picking up before I go on holiday! Beach Bag is a stunner!!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty shades for summer! I love the coral-ish one the most! So lovely!

    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this coral colour! :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades is absolutely gorgeous! I might mention this next time I go for a pedicure :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're lovely colours, I'm also a firm believer that particular nail varnish colours do make you look more tanned! :)

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these shades, especially Beach Bag x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete