Saturday 10 January 2015

The 7am Face


More like the "5 minutes to get out the door" face, but I thought my other title sounded more appealing. We've all been there, hit the snooze button a little too often and suddenly realise you either get up or be late. I have stages of arguing and making deals with myself at that hour of the morning which I later on in the day end up regretting- deals such as today will be a dry shampoo day, or no you don't need to wash off the layer of fake tan you put on last night...deals that the more awake version of yourself never agrees with. So with that in mind I have pulled together a go to look for myself, so that when the alarm clock goes off I can snooze for an extra 5 minutes before reaching for these products, knowing that I won't be let down!

Starting on the base, at that time of the morning I will need as much skin-brightening help as I can get- plus no-body likes messing around with brushes too early-am I right? So what I've been reaching for lately has been a mixture of Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua and NARS Copacabana Illuminator. I mix a blob of each on the back of my hand and blend it into my face just using my fingers. I find that the combination of the two gives me a really natural yet illuminated look to my skin which is what I need first thing in the morning. For concealer, I want to go for something that I know will cover both blemishes and discoloration- and for this it has to be my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has the perfect amount of coverage, but I find it to be brightening for under my eyes too. 


You all know how much I love my brows, but sometimes a girls got to make sacrifices for her beauty sleep! I find that the Benefit Gimme Brow still helps thicken my brows and keep them in place throughout the day! It has tiny little fibres which add the thickness, it is coloured so it evens out your brows and the gel helps set it all together! A similar approach comes to eyeshadow, I just haven't got time to add different colours and to blend them all together, so my favourite product has been the No.7 Shade & Define eyeshadow stick in Cool Mink. A quick swipe of this all over my lid and some quick blending with my fingers and I am done. I don't bother curling my lashes, just adding a quick layer of Maxfactor's Clump Defy False Lash Effect Mascara. 

I don't normally bother doing much else to my base as I carry a powder with me throughout the day, so I can touch up if needed. I do add a tiny bit of the Balm's Frat Boy blush to add some warmth to my skin but other than that I just leave it as it is. I use a tiny bit of one of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors and I'm out the door! 

So with those products I am less likely to look like a zombie first thing in the morning. Let me know what your go-to products are for when you hit the snooze button too many times!


11 comments:

  1. The Frat Boy blush is my favorite. x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade­­

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post, Benefit Gimme Brow is a great product!

    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Danielle!
    I love the look of that No7 shadow stick and the TheBalm blush!

    Mollie /// The Fashion Of Craft
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too reach for some concealer and brightening products. The Nars concealer is usually on my radar, that and the They're Real mascara by Benefit. I also try and get some Urban Decay liner in Mushroom or Underground on my waterline to pretend it isn't bright pink with lack of sleep!

    Beautiful Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right - that NARS Concealor needs to be in my life come pay day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty much the sort of makeup I'll apply for work - basic and easy but looks like I've still made an effort haha xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips, I'm starting a new job on Wednesday and it's going to be the first time in a couple of years I'm going to HAVE to be up by 7am, boo :( x

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore gimme brow, absolute holy grail! Fab post lovely, perhaps I'll be more inspired on my rushy mornings now!

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get the nars copacabana highlighter it looks amazing! Lovely post xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. i still want to try that chanel foundation! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips - I really want to try out the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua x

    theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete