Saturday 11 April 2015

Liz Earle Soothing Eye Lotion & Daily Eye Repair

 
Recently Liz Earle has become available on Boots.ie and my life was made. You all know how much of a fan I am of Liz Earle and have been using their Cleanse & Polish for years! So when Boots ran a points promotion where if you buy two premium products you got extra points, I decided to have a look at some of the Liz Earle products I haven't really tried before. At the time I was running out of my Una Brennan Vitamin C eye-cream, and I wasn't loving it enough to repurchase it so I decided to go for something from Liz Earle to try and give my eye area some TLC!


The first thing I bought was actually something I had used before, loved but never bothered repurchasing because I probably got distracted with other things! It is the Soothing Eye Lotion. This is something that I have been using every morning without fail. It feels so lovely and cooling on the eyes first thing in the morning so it really helps wake you up. I have found that since using the combination of this and the next product that my eyes have not been as puffy in the mornings. Since I wear contacts daily, my eyes can get a little dry and irritated throughout the day but again since using this I can go longer without using drops. I have used this as a mini eye mask by pouring a little bit on to two cotton pads and just placing them on my eyes for a few minutes. If my eyes are looking particularly puffy and tired I feel it just gives them a bit of an instant refresh.


The next item I decided to purchase was the Daily Eye Repair cream. The Una Brennan eye cream I was using up until this just wasn't doing the job I needed it to do so I decided to change it up. My eyes were looking a bit dark and puffy over the last couple of weeks and since starting to use this I have found great improvement. It is a lot heavier than the Una Brennan one, so it does take a little bit longer to blend in but once you apply it your skin under your eyes will instantly feel more moisturized and hydrated. My skin sucks this stuff up! It has helped alot with the discoloration too so I think it is a good all-rounder in an eye-cream. If you are starting off with the whole eye-care area of skincare I would definitely say this is a good one to start off with. My only gripe with it is that you only get 10ml of product, which is not a lot considering the price! 

With the combination of these two products I really feel like my under-eye area has improved so much. My skin looks brighter and feels more hydrated so I will be sticking with this combination for awhile longer. I am tempted to go back to the Origins GinZing eye-cream but I just can't justify the price at the moment-sadface! 



4 comments:

  1. Eye Bright is my absolute best friend in the mornings, especially in the Summer when I suffer from hay fever!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sound like brilliant products, i always find it difficult to get something that is just right to use around my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eye lotion sounds lovely - perfect for tired eyes! I love Liz Earle but have never tried anything other than the C&P! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried anything Liz Earle.
    I'll have to get it a go!

    xx Tess Isabella Beauty

    ReplyDelete