Tuesday 26 May 2015

Smashbox Photo Finish Priming Water


There has been a lot of love for Smashbox over the past couple of years and rightly so. They have done so well with all their recent releases and I have been a big fan of a couple of their products such as the Full Exposure palette and more recently the contour palette. The latest product that caught my eye was their Photo Finish Primer Water.

I am a massive fan of finishing sprays and tonic mists anyway so I was instantly drawn to this. It says on the packaging that it can be used in three different ways. It can be used on your skin before you apply any make-up as a primer, as a finishing spray to set your make-up in place or you can use it throughout the day as a refreshing face spray. I have used it in all three methods and over the past couple of weeks I have really been loving this step in my make-up routine. 

I do find that it does slightly help the longevity of my make-up while helping my skin feel hydrated throughout the day. I'm not the biggest fan of the spray though, because it is not the most even of sprays. You might get a nice light mist in your face or it might be a squirt of product - so I'd definitely recommend you spray a couple of spritzs first before going near your face with it.



It is also silicone, alcohol and oil free which is an added bonus! I have also found since using this that my skin has been looking a lot brighter and my skin tone has been more even and there isn't as much discolouration. I don't know if it is down to this completely as I have been changing up my skincare routine a bit lately, but it definitely has not done it any harm!

I am so impressed by this spray overall, and I am even willing to forgive the dodgy squirter for how good the product is! If you want to pick this up, it is available online at Boots.ie for €22.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when you go for a light spritz and then get a full on squirt haha. I think I'd prefer this as a finishing spray xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete