Tuesday 2 June 2015

Falling back in love with Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua


Recently I have become obsessed with the lovely FacesByGrace's Snapchat (which is @facesbygrace23 if you don't already follow her!) It was her Birthday recently and she snapped that for her Birthday night out make-up she was wearing the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. Her skin literally looked flawless and I was inspired to dig out my bottle of the foundation. I bought this awhile ago, really loved it at the time but other things came along and I just forgot about it. 

This foundation gives you a new skin look. It is a very "your skin but better" foundation, it gives amazing coverage and lasting power but it doesn't feel or look anyway heavy on your skin. I have been wearing this to work and I have found with the combination of this and my Smashbox Primer spray that my base has been looking better and lasting much longer. 

It is a water based foundation so you have to give it a good shake before using it, otherwise you'll just end up with a lot of water on the back of your hand and not much product. As you would expect from a more water based foundation, it is very light in texture but don't let that put you off. It has more coverage than you would expect it to have. It blends so lovely both with your fingers and with a buffing brush so it is perfect for a quicker application. The finish it gives is a very natural/satin look to your skin which is right up my street!

At €40 a pop it is by no means a budget foundation. But if you are in the market to try something a bit more on the luxurious side I would definitely recommend you have a look at this and see if its one for you! 


4 comments:

  1. I would love to try more makeup by Chanel! This sounds like such a nice foundation xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to give this a shot. I'm so boring when it comes to foundation and tend to stick to the same one for years.. must try something new! x
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete