Tuesday 22 March 2016

MAC | Blankety Lipstick


Yes, I know...another MAC lipstick. But I really do have an addiction, and it could be worse right? I recently had a few items to use for Back To MAC so I had a freebie coming my way! If you didn't know, if you return 6 of the black plastic packaging of any MAC products - like an empty lipstick, eyeshadow, etc- to MAC they will give you a free lipstick of your choice! So after much deliberation, I decided to go for Blankety. Because I clearly don't have enough neutral lip options!

Blankety is actually an Amplified finish which I did not realise at the time. I would normally associate an Amplified finish with some of their more brighter colours, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how this has been working for me. It is a gorgeous creamy lipstick that has amazing pigment. It is very like MAC Honeylove but with a bit more shine to it. I would describe this as being a creamy beige nude. So it is a gorgeous nude lipstick if you are around my skin-tone. It looks gorgeous with a bit of  a tan too and really compliments it. 

 I have been so used to wearing my matte MAC nudes the past couple of months that this really was a nice change. It is not drying whatsoever on the lips but it still has amazing staying power! I do normally pair this with a lip-liner underneath which does make a difference. 


I have been wearing this shade non-stop since I got it. It works with so many different eye-looks and it is suitable for so many occasions. If you are on the hunt for one of those "brown-toned nudes" but not a matte one, I would recommend this one!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like I might just need to add another nude MAC lipstick to my collection then :) Gorgeous!

    Sparkle with Laughter

    ReplyDelete