Sunday 6 March 2016

MAC | Viva Glam Ariana Grande


So, looking back, this might have been a slight impulse purchase. And I know you are all probably looking at the pictures thinking when on earth are you going to wear that? But hear me out. It's not as dark as it looks!

When I seen that MAC was pairing up with Ariana Grande for their latest Viva Glam offering I wasn't overly excited. I'm not the biggest fan of Ariana Grande and would never have known her to have very dramatic make-up. But when I seen the lipstick that was on offer, I was in two minds to get it. I am a neutral lip wearer- through and through so this is a major step in the opposite direction for me. I do like to wear a darker lip on a night out or for a more special occasion but this is way darker than I am used to! 

When you first look at it in the bullet, you would be forgiven for thinking it is a black lipstick., But it is actually a very dark purple with a slight red undertone. Completely vampy, slightly gothic and definitely out of my comfort zone. This lipstick is matte, but it is a very comfortable matte to wear. It dries down to a nice satin finish that doesn't dry out the lips but still doesn't have a massive sheen to it. As you can see from the swatches it is amazingly pigmented and you don't need alot of product for that intense dark colour.

It is nicely longlasting- although the downfall for me was when I ate with it on. It ended up everywhere so just to be cautious if you are thinking of wearing this to dinner etc. But if you are looking for a statement lipstick, look no further. With a colour like this on the lips you really don't need a whole lot going on anywhere else on the face. Maybe some bold lashes- but you don't want to add too much colour so that it takes away from the lips. 


Definitely not one for everyday but a nice addition to a MAC collection! It is available to buy online here or at MAC counters!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the lipstick was black on first glance - it looks gorgeous though! Just shows how different swatches can look to the actual lipstick! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. danielle….this is just gorgeous! i would have thought it would have been too dark but it's a gorgeous deep purple. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete