Wednesday 25 May 2016

Sleek Contour Palette

 
Contouring has really blown up over the past couple of months again, with lots of different companies releasing their versions of a contour palette. Cream contouring seems to be one of the biggest versions of contouring at the moment but also one of the most difficult to master. Sleek have released an "all cream" contour palette and its gotten a lot of hype online. I picked it up because I thought it would be a good starter into the world of cream contouring. Cream contouring isn't something I have ever done too much in the past. I've always thought it was too messy and it was always a bit of a risk doing it when I was already happy with my base. But when I spotted this from Sleek I thought it looked really simple to use and everything needed was there.The kit comes in three shades, light, medium and dark. I went for the light one, because even though I wear a good bit of fake tan, I am naturally very fair and I wanted to be able to use it both ways.

First impression of the palette was that the creams were a lot softer than I expexted. They have a very liquid consistency which makes them very easy to apply and blend, without looking or feeling cakey on the skin. The way I have been using it has been to use the first shade on the top row which has a yellow tint to it, under my eyes to brighten and get rid of my dark circles. I then use the third shade on the top row to highlight any areas I want, such as the bridge of my nose, cheekbones and a bit on the centre of my forehead. I then use a mixture of the second and third shades on the bottom to contour. I put it on the tops of my forehead, under my cheekbones, jawline and  sometimes I put a little down the sides of my nose.


I have used both a brush and a make-up sponge to blend the product out and it works equally well with both. The brush gives a more dramatic look while a sponge gives a more sheer finish. Once set with a translucent powder the product doesn't budge. It makes such a difference and really comes across well in photos. It just gives your face a little bit of extra dimension and brightening to your face. If you are looking to start of in the cream contouring world, or would like a handy kit that has everything together this one is perfect.

It is available from Boots online here for €13.99.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had the opportunity to try the sleek contour palette as I'm still getting through my ABH one but have lot's of other sleek products which I absolutely love so I know this would be good! The shades look perfect matte and pigmented for a natural finish! I'll have to make sure and pick this one up next month xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful palette kit but you should have shared some pictures of application to make it easier to apply. If you have skin issues http://www.cosmedocs.com/ provide treatments which can address the ageing and skin concerns.

    ReplyDelete